Content By Devops .com
We are excited to announce the return of DevOps Connect: DevSecOps Virtual Summit on May 19, as part of the RSA Conference 2021. This year, internationally recognized speakers will take a deep dive into “Securing the Cloud Native World.”
DevOps Connect is a full-day event, featuring four different content tracks, with more than 50 speakers, including keynote presentations, demos, insight talks and featured sessions.
The agenda for features a mix of topics, including cloud security, CI/CD, Kubernetes, GitOps, AppSec, security risks, shift left, open source, case studies covering DevSecOps and more. Attendees will learn how the finance, manufacturing, healthcare and hospitality industries are securing their cloud environments, and how to better secure and monitor their systems.
DevOps Connect 2021 Lineup
DevOps Connect 2021 features an exceptional lineup of the most prominent and respected security and DevOps leaders, including:
- Featured keynote speaker: Christopher Krebs, former director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), and co-founder of Krebs Stamos Group LLC
- Chenxi Wang, founder and general partner at Rain Capital
- Allan Friedman, director of cybersecurity initiatives at National Telecommunications and Information Administration in the U.S. Department of Commerce
- John Willis, senior director of Global Transformation Office at Red Hat
- Cyndi Gula, managing partner at Gula Tech Adventures
- Alessandro Vozza, principal software engineer at Microsoft
- Caroline Wong, CSO at Cobalt
- Thomas Krane, principal at Insight Partners
- Charles J. Kolodgy, principal at Security Mindsets LLC and analyst at Accelerated Strategies Group
- Nisha Kumar, open source engineer at VMware
- Mike Rothman, president at DisruptOps
- Dave Howell, VP at ZeroNorth
- Maciej Mensfeld, senior product manager at WhiteSource
- Matt Wilson, senior product manager at GitLab
- Erkang Zheng, founder and CEO at JupiterOne
- Philippe Humeau, CEO at CrowdSec
- Jennifer Czaplewski, director of product security at Target
- Al Sargent, senior director of product at InfluxData
Former CISA director Christopher Krebs, our featured keynote speaker, will be answering questions from the audience during a live Q&A.
We are also hosting Workshop Friday, as we wrap up the RSAC 2021, offering live workshops designed to be as interactive and hands-on as possible with experts from Google, JupiterOne, Sysdig and Sonatype. These workshops provide professional guidance and training on a variety of topics, including Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), AWS cloud security and protecting against supply chain attacks. On May 21, attendees will have the opportunity to interact with the experts, share their process, get immediate feedback and personal assistance. Each workshop will be live-streamed through our online platform at no cost to attendees. We have limited spots available. Seats are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. To save your spot, visit the Workshop Friday website.
A Unique Virtual Environment and a Few Surprises
The virtual environment features an auditorium with different tracks where attendees can watch the sessions by industry experts. There will be an expo hall lined with booths featuring interactive chats and downloadable resources. The expo hall will be open throughout the event, giving attendees the opportunity to chat with sponsors, including GitLab, Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks, Sonatype, WhiteSource, Sysdig, JupiterOne, Snyk and more.
We have a few surprises planned to make this year’s DevOps Connect extra special. Take a break between presentations, grab your yoga mat and enjoy a Pilates class by a certified instructor, dance to the music of our featured DJ and check out how to make a delicious cloud drink by a professional mixologist. You can also participate in a raffle to win a copy of “You Can Stop Stupid” by Ira Winkler, author and president at Secure Mentem, and a copy of “Security Yearbook 2020” by Richard Stiennon, industry analyst at IT-Harvest.
DevOps Connect 2021 offers the best of a physical environment in a virtual context combined with the advantages and convenience that a virtual environment offers.
Registered attendees will receive a link to access the virtual environment on-demand. To check out the full agenda and to register, visit the DevOps Connect website.